Huggies® Every Little Bottom
The National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN) is delighted to partner with the Huggies’ Every Little Bottom team, as we conduct diaper drives to make sure that Every Little Bottom has clean diapers.
Below is a list of the Diaper Drives that we currently have planned:
- October 8, New York Chapter, Beth Israel Medical Center, Phillips Ambulatory Care Center, 10 Union Square East, New York, NY 10003
- October 16th and October 19th, Orange County Chapter, St. Joseph Hospital, 1100 West Stewart Drive, Orange, CA 92868
- Oct 19, Washington DC Chapter
- October 29, Los Angeles Chapter, Friday, October 29, 2010, 6:00pm-11:00pm, South Hills Country Club, 2655 S. Citrus Ave, West Covina, CA 91791
- Nov. 1 (tentative), Phoenix Chapter
- Nov. 16, Washington DC Chapter
- Dates to be determined:
- Dallas, Texas
Did you know that 1 in 3 American moms are in diaper need and struggle to provide diapers for their babies? Many of these mothers are forced to cut back on other essential needs, such as food or utilities in order to provide their babies with diapers. Other babies are kept in wet diapers for extended periods of time, which can cause both physical and emotional damage to these children.
For many of these mothers, there is very little help. Public resources such as food stamps (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) and WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children) focus solely on food and nutrition. There exist only a handful of diaper banks to help fill the diaper need gap.
NAHN is partnering with the Huggies® Every Little Bottom program to raise awareness about diaper need and to help address the need in our chapter cities and across the U.S. We strongly encourage our members to get involved and help every baby in the United States have access to an adequate supply of diapers.
There are several ways that you can get involved:
- Donate diapers to diaper banks through the Every Little Bottom program: www.EveryLittleBottom.com.
- Spread the word to your family and friends about diaper need through email, blogs, Facebook and Twitter.
- Join us this fall and organize a diaper drive to get diapers into the hands of the families who need them.
To find out more about the issue of diaper need and the Huggies commitment, visit www.EveryLittleBottom.com.