Available scholarships (NAHN does not endorse any program):
- E-student Loan: Free database search of lenders
- Flo’s Cookie Jar- provides emergency grants-in-aid to prelicensure RN students facing a one-time need that otherwise would force them to leave school
- International Education Financial Aid (IEFA) - scholarship search is a resource for financial aid, college scholarship and grant information for international students wishing to study abroad.
- www.NursingScholarship.US - Free Nursing Scholarships and Grants Resources
- www.nursingscholarship.us/ - Free Nursing Scholarships and Financial Aid Resources
- ScholarshipHunter.com - Free scholarship source
- The Student Guide - the most comprehensive resource on student financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education. Grants, loans, and work-study are the three major forms of financial aid available through the federal Student Financial Assistance Programs. Updated each year, The Student Guide tells you about the programs and how to apply for them.
The William K. Schubert, MD Minority Nursing Scholarship Program is offered by Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. The goal of the scholarship is to target underrepresented minority groups in the registered nursing profession. Deadline is April 30, 2010. Click here to download the scholarship materials.
Gates Millennium Scholars: http://gmsp.org/
Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they:
• Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian and Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American;
• Are a citizen/legal permanent resident or nationals of the United States;
• Have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (un-weighted);
• Will be enrolling for the first-time at a U.S. accredited* college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student in the fall of 2010; or GED
• Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
• Meet the Federal Pell Grant* eligibility criteria; and
• Have all three forms (Nominee Personal Information Form completed by the student, Nominator Form completed by an educator familiar with the student’s academic record and a Recommender Form completed by a person familiar with the student’s leadership and community service) submitted by the deadline.
|Tylenol Scholarship Tylenol has up to $350,000 to award to outstanding students who are pursuing “health-related” fields. There will be 170 scholarships (in amounts of $1000 and $5000).http://www.tylenol.com/page.jhtml?id=tylenol/news/subptyschol.inc|
|Health Professions Education Foundationhttp://www.oshpd.ca.gov/HPEF/Applications.html
Various health-profession scholarships and loan opportunities offered.
|Navy Nurse Corps Association of Southern California Scholarshipshttp://nursing.sdsu.edu/miscfiles/Navy.pdf
Scholarships are being offered to undergraduate nursing students and registered Nurses to continue their studies for a baccalaureate degree in nursing. Recipients of scholarships will be selected by the Navy Nurse Corps Association of Southern California (NNCASC) Scholarship Committee.
|AfterCollege/AACN Scholarship http://www.aftercollege.com/content/article/aftercollege_aacn_scholarship/e-mail: email@example.com
Scholarships will be in the amount of $2,500. Nursing students enrolled in a baccalaureate, master’s or doctoral degree program in nursing with a GPA of 3.25 or higher. Once completed, please email your finished application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is October 31st.
|Army Nurse Corps Association (ANCA http://e-anca.org/ANCAEduc.htmFor April 1,2010, ANCA scholarships will be $3,000 per selected applicant. Scholarships will be awarded in memory of Captain Gussie M. Jones, AN, who died of non-battle related causes in Iraq. She was the first African-American Army Nurse to die while assigned in a theater of operations. There is not a military service obligation for the student receiving this scholarship.|
|Scotland’s Saltire Scholarshiphttp://www.scotlandscholarship.com/
Fifty scholarships are available to U.S. nationals for graduate study in Scotland. The Saltire Scholarships are aimed at encouraging bright, talented and hardworking individuals to live, work and study in Scotland. £2,000 is available as a one-off award towards the cost of tuition fees for a full time master’s-level course (excluding PhD studies) in a wide range of subject areas. Recipients can choose to study at any of Scotland’s universities and higher education institutions.
|Sallie Mae Fund Scholarship Programs http://www.thesalliemaefund.org/smfnew/scholarship/index.htmlThe Sallie Mae Fund sponsors several scholarship programs and supports hundreds of college scholarships. All of our programs are based on financial need, as The Fund seeks to bridge the dollar gap when no one else can. With an estimated $3 billion in private scholarships awarded nationally each year, The Fund aims to send the message that money is available to those who make the effort to apply. Since 2001, The Sallie Mae Fund has awarded more than $14.3 million in scholarships to more than 5,700 students.
Roybal Foundation Scholarship http://nursing.sdsu.edu/scholarships.phpThe purpose of the Roybal Foundation Scholarship Program is to provide scholarships to Hispanic Students in their Junior or Senior year or in a Graduate Program of an accredited College or University who are pursuing public health careers and wish to serve the interest of low-income Spanish-speaking communities in the United States. Individual scholarships will be in the amount of $5,000 for graduate students and $2,500 for undergraduate students.
|CaLMA/BC of California Foundation Hispanic Scholarship Fundhttp://nursing.sdsu.edu/miscfiles/arn-scholarship-2009.pdf
The California Latino Medical Association (CaLMA)/Blue Cross of CA Foundation nursing program provides financial resources to assist outstanding Latinos in pursuing careers and specialties in medicine and healthcare.
|SDNAHN.org http://www.sdnahn.org/id7.htmlTwo local scholarship programs are accepting applications from Hispanic students – the BECA Foundation and the Sylvia Chavez Memorial Scholarship – Follow the link to access both.|
|Diversity Nursing Award http://www.diversitynursing.com/educationaward.asp$5,000 Education Award Giveaway. Register for a Job Seeker account to be entered. We will be offering our $5,000 Education Award again for 2010|
|Cox Kids Foundation Heroes Scholarshiphttp://ww2.cox.com/myconnection/sandiego/community/editorial1.cox
Cox Communicationsscholarships up to $10,000 to individuals who are overcoming personal challenges while pursuing educational advancement. Please check back for the 2010 application period.
|Hispanic Scholarship Fund http://www.hsf.net/|
|BECA Foundation Scholarship http://www.becafoundation.org/Must be entering the Medical/Health Care profession and living or attending a high school or college in San Diego County at the time of application. Scholarships range between $1,000 – $2,000 per year.
Must be received by March 2, 2010