2010 Scholarship Requirements and Information
Information Eligibility Requirements Published Online: [December 10, 2009]
Application Submission Deadline: [Application due by February 26, 2010]
Scholarship Recipients Announced: [instruction: March 31, 2010]
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HISPANIC NURSES $1,000 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
These awards are presented to NAHN members enrolled in associate, diploma, baccalaureate, graduate or practical/vocational nursing programs. Selection of recipients is based on current academic standing. Scholarship award recipients are a select group of Hispanic students who demonstrate promise of future professional contributions to the nursing profession and who have the potential to act as role models for other aspiring nursing students. To qualify for the scholarship award, the applicant must be currently enrolled in a school of nursing and be a United States citizen or legal resident of the United States. The number of scholarships offered is dependent upon the amount in the scholarship fund. Criteria for the Scholarship Awards include:
- The NAHN scholarship application form with all sections completed by the student and submitted by deadline date.
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation by a faculty member outlining the applicant’s future professional contribution to the nursing profession and potential to act as a role model for other aspiring nursing students.
- A typed 300 words or less essay using 12 font Times New Roman double spaced, by the student that reflects the qualifications and potential for leadership in nursing in the Hispanic community.
- Résumé, which includes earned certificates, awards, and special honors.
- Provide estimate of educational expenses for the current academic year.
- An official transcript from College or Nursing Program.
- Academic excellence (minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred).
- National Scholarship application form completed.
- Verification of membership status in NAHN.
DR. ILDAURA MURILLO-ROHDE $1,000 SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
For Hispanic Students Enrolled in a Nursing Program Leading to Licensure
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All scholarship application packets must be postmarked by [instruction: February 26, 2010]
The original scholarship application packet is to be forwarded to the NAHN national office. Note: the Letter of Recommendation should be in a sealed envelope and is not to be copied.
Juan F. Perez, R.N. B.S.N.
CHAIR, AWARDS/SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HISPANIC NURSES
1455 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20004