2010 Nurse of the Year Award Information and Requirements
This Award is for a NAHN nurse who has developed a creative and innovative program, intervention, or strategy in one of the following areas:
- Improving the quality of health care in the Hispanic community (narrowing health care disparity).
- Recruitment, retention, professional career development (increasing the number of Hispanic nurses at all educational and professional levels).
- NAHN organizational development at local, state, and/or the national level (growth, effectiveness, and communication within NAHN organizations, and with the community it serves).
The evaluative criteria are as follows:
- Contribution to improving the health care of the Hispanic community across the life span, birth to end-of-life, in any health care environment.
- Active member of NAHN
- A typed letter by a NAHN member using 12 font Times New Roman nominating the individual or self nomination, which includes a written description of the program, intervention, or strategy
- Two additional letters of recommendation
- Current curriculum vitae, past five (5) years
Send award nominations to:
JUAN F. PEREZ, R.N. B.S.N.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HISPANIC NURSES
1455 Pennsylvania Ave, N.W. Suite 400
Washington, DC 20004
ALL NOMINATIONS FOR AWARDS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY February 26, 2010.